Mission Statement & Service Standards
The mission of the Division of Enrollment Management is to strategically plan, implement, and assess services and programs which facilitate student preparation for college, recruitment, enrollment, and graduation. Consisting of the Office of Admissions, Transfer Admissions & Engagement, Registrar's Office, College Access Partnerships, and the Office of Financial Aid & University Scholarships, Enrollment Management is committed to providing the services necessary to promote student success from pre-enrollment to graduation. To achieve the goals outlined in the University's Strategic Plan, exceed the imperatives required in UNC System's strategic plan, and plan to serve the needs of the state of North Carolina, the Division of Enrollment Management strives to ....
- Maintain optimal levels of enrollment to achieve the goals outlined in the University's Strategic Plan.
- Increase matriculation and retention of high-achieving students, with a focused effort on increasing students of diverse and international populations.
- Honor the University's founding principles including a special attentiveness to the people and needs of Appalachia, and the Appalachian region.
- Create connections and work collaboratively in a strategic fashion with campus agencies including university college, academic departments and colleges, student accounts, university advancement, and institutional research, assessment and planning to enhance Appalachian's ability to attract, retain, and graduate students.
- Provide transparent communication, operational efficiencies, user-friendly services, technological advancements, and partnership-building experiences across campus.
- Develop leaders with vision, integrity, inclusiveness, sound judgment, wisdom, and energy, engendering a team approach across our integrated functions.
Enrollment Management employees created these Service Standards, in prioritized order, to guide our service to students, families, and colleagues:
To evaluate our service, each staff member includes a link to a service survey in their email correspondence.